Please Note: As jurisdictions adopt less rigorous COVID-19 policies, PSI will continue to require anyone entering a PSI testing center to wear an approved face mask for the duration of their time at the location, including candidates and test center staff.
Individuals not in compliance with this policy will not be allowed to sit for their scheduled appointment.
This is in accordance with PSI’s company policy and state and local mandates.
PSI is continuing to monitor the latest developments associated with the global spread of Coronavirus – COVID-19. Since the outbreak began, we have strictly adhered to the latest safety procedures based on various international, state, and local Orders and guidelines and CDC and WHO recommendations.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our customers, our teams, and the global community who relies on PSI’s solutions and services. Our goal is always to provide our partners, who entrust us with the delivery of their certification and licensure programs, the most accessible and appropriate testing options to support the health of the individuals we serve.
The following information represents the latest updates on the reopening of PSI’s owned and operated testing sites as of this review:
Candidate Self-Service and Support
All reschedule rules and no-show policies are waived for candidates who have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. You can reschedule within 48 hours of your exam without penalties or additional fees. If you are unable to make your exam, due to having or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, and you are reported as a no-show, you will be allowed to reschedule at no cost. Additionally, our contact centers are currently experiencing longer than usual wait times. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
We recommend utilizing the Examination Program Search for Test Takers to locate available exams, schedule and reschedule testing, and reach the PSI support team via phone. Please note, large call volumes have led to increased wait times for incoming calls.
You can also contact PSI regarding availability and scheduling by emailing email@example.com. Please note, given the current volume of support requests, the response time is 5-7 days for email queries.
Test Center Safety
- As a candidate, you will receive a health questionnaire related to potential COVID-19 exposure via email when you schedule your examination. You are required to bring the completed form with you to the PSI test center. If you answer “yes” to any of the first four questions you will need to reschedule your exam. We recommend utilizing the self-service option or contacting PSI by email or phone to reschedule your exam.
- If you fail to bring the required questionnaire, a Test Center Administrator will provide a copy onsite.
- You must ensure that you bring your own face mask to the test site. PSI will need to turn away candidates who do not have them when they check in.
- You are required to wear a face mask during the entire testing experience. You will only be permitted to remove your face mask briefly during the check-in process to verify your identity and take a quick photo.
- You may wear gloves during the duration of your test. Gloves will be examined during the check-in and check-out security process.
- You are required to discard face masks and gloves outside of the PSI test site in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Test center employees are provided face masks, hand sanitizers, and antibacterial wipes. Please note, face masks provided by the test sites are for PSI employees only.
- To create a safe distance around Test Center Administrators and in lobby areas, candidates may be asked to wait outside of the building for a brief period during check in.
Test Center Procedures
- Signage regarding PPE requirements and safe distancing protocol is displayed prominently throughout the test center.
- Seating availability has been reduced in certain test centers based on various local orders and guidelines.
- Testing equipment will be wiped down thoroughly with antibacterial wipes after each use.
- High-touch areas, including but not limited to keyboards, desktops, chair handles, check-in stations, door handles, and writing instruments are sanitized after each use.
View our FAQ document related to operations due to COVID-19 impact.